What are you playing at the moment?

Discussion of non-simulation gaming.

Re: What are you playing at the moment?

Postby Chomp » Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:25 pm

Also just got the beta of titanfall. Have had fun for the 30 minutes I have played it. Getting in the titan looks pretty awesome on triple screens..
Chomp

Postby The Sea Peoples » Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:54 pm

A bit of assetto corsa with Chomp and Yoda. Plus, Rise of Nations.
The Sea Peoples

Postby Agent X20 » Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:07 pm

Me I've been playing:

- Sniper Elite V2 - Steam freebie. Fun somewhat average diversion.
- Elite Dangerous Premium Beta - it's a love hate thing so early on but it's unstable, buggy and the networking is dodgy.
Agent X20

Postby Chomp » Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:46 pm

The assetto corsa has been fun. Surprised that with so many flyers there are not so many racers because a lot of the elements are similar.

Close racing is great, it doesnt matter if you are chasing or being chased, it's as fun as a good dogfight where you have the upper hand but it goes on for a much longer time :)
Chomp

Postby Agent X20 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:52 pm

I used to do a ton of online racing for the reasons you mention. But it requires a ton of time and levels of concentration and commitment I don't have at present. Not to mention a steering wheel if I was remotely serious in the middle of the living room and that ain't going to work with the wife!

You'll find a ton of local racers at kiwisimracing.net.nz
Agent X20

Postby R33GZ » Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:06 pm

Ive been playing a lot of Project reality 1.2 for my FPS/serious squad based modern warfare fix and Rof for my flightsim fix... mostly on the newwings servers. Not really able to dogfight effectively without TIR, but my bombing and rrecon and VFR skills are getting quite effective. Can Nav to target and complete all photo recon objectives and level bomb from 2km with a reasonable degree of accuracy... REALLY looking forward to this type of gameplay when BoS comes out _b
R33GZ

Postby The Sea Peoples » Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:35 pm

R33GZ wrote:Ive been playing a lot of Project reality 1.2 for my FPS/serious squad based modern warfare fix

Nice one R33GZ, I use to love that game. Best team fps action I have ever had. I haven't played since about 0.8/0.9ish. Numbers took a dive when bf3 launched. I went off and played arma, looking for a bit more realism. However arma engine has big weaknesses as well, just in other areas. ARMA didn't last long for me. I miss the fun I had.

Do you get a full 64 player server much ?
The Sea Peoples

Postby R33GZ » Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:07 pm

The Sea Peoples wrote:Do you get a full 64 player server much ?

yeah, definitely, kind of... :D The 2 major servers, HOG and Candy Van regularly have full servers of 100 players (in Northern hemisphere time anyway) I'd highly recommend popping in some time if you want to re-aquaint yourself with PR. Let me know next time your planning to and Ill see if I can join as a squadie.. or make a sqaud and see what sort of ordered chaos we can preside over :)

They are both US servers which I get a ping of 200+ to. Servers can be slightly unstable at maximum capacity, but that goes with the teritory I guess.

You'll be up for a rather large download to update though... somewhere around the 3gb mark as they have moved away from gamespy since EA have abandoned it... I thionk BF2 is now, or shortly to be, defunkt p- PR modders (and FH2) have found their way around this though ;)
Last edited by R33GZ on Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
R33GZ

Postby The Sea Peoples » Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:40 pm

R33GZ wrote:
The Sea Peoples wrote:Do you get a full 64 player server much ?

yeah, definitely, kind of... :D The 2 major servers, HOG and Cany Van regularly have full servers of 100 players (in Northern hemisphere time anyway)

OK,that is a change since I played. Was 64 max. BigD gaming was the servers I played on regularly, based in OZ. They would max out 2 64 player servers at peak times during the week. Was good times.
The Sea Peoples

Postby R33GZ » Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:32 pm

OK,that is a change since I played. Was 64 max. BigD gaming was the servers I played on regularly, based in OZ. They would max out 2 64 player servers at peak times during the week. Was good times.

BigD is stil around, but I havent seen many/any numbers on it for quite a while. depending on the time, the servers I mentioned above can be maned mostly by Aussies and kiwis... some very good kiwi squad leaders around acually ;)
R33GZ

Postby The Sea Peoples » Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:15 pm

Been spending a bit too much time gaming lately. After a period of not having many games I was interested in.

The just released "Cities Skylines", has been sucking up a lot of hours . Pretty good game.

Other games I have been playing:

- Assetto corsa with new DLC
- From the Depths (early access game)
- Even played a few rounds of PR mod for BF2

Very excited about Naval action, will likely hop into the early access when there is a bit more of the game implemented.
Might give World of Warships a spin when it is out of beta.
The Sea Peoples

Postby ilikepie » Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:11 pm

Still il2 most weeks. And now E : D mostly. Not much time to do much gaming
ilikepie

Postby Raha » Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:47 pm

IL-2, DCS and love chess age of egypt ;)
Raha

Postby Chomp » Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:07 pm

Raha wrote:IL-2, DCS and love chess age of egypt ;)

WTF, I just saw that chess on youtube. I didnt expect that to happen when one piece took another!
Chomp

Postby Raha » Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:19 pm

He he I know I blushed slightly myself when I first saw it. :D
Raha

PreviousNext

Return to Other Games