DIY FFB wheel.

PCs, controllers and gadgets!

Re: DIY FFB wheel.

Postby Yoda » Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:47 am

Mine died as well. I had the boards checked, but apparently something to do with one of the internal connection cables which I haven't gotten around to trying to fix.
Yoda

Postby Chomp » Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:23 am

Jetboy wrote:Bah, looks like my CSW Wheel Base just gave up the ghost...time to dig under the sofa for some spare $$ and get this OSW thing actually happening...how's your's going these days Chomp, anything new?

It is going well, since I made mine there are big upgrades to it. Much better encoders, electronics are easy to get hold of and purpose built for OSW's.

Not that it was a huge hassle when I did mine but now it's mostly plug and play.

Here https://granitedevices.com/store/applic ... ators.html

you can get all the electronics, a PSU, case and then you can get the motor directly from china, then which ever other parts you want from various suppliers like mount, quick release (not required if you only want one rim) etc..

They are darn simple to put together these days.
Chomp

Postby Jetboy » Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:39 pm

Finally.....

Adapter being made for the Clubsport wheel (already converted to stand-alone USB), rig heading off to get some 'strengthening' work carried out...jesus these things are heavy
Attachments
20170224_104710.jpg
Jetboy

Previous

Return to Hardware