Steam trials.

Discussion of non-simulation gaming.

Steam trials.

Postby Chomp » Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:21 am

I guess this is old news to you guys but I have not updated my stem in a month so I only saw it yesterday.

I like the idea that they will now give you a no questions asked refund on games that you have either bought less than 14 days ago or played less than two hours. Specifically for the purpose so that you can try it out for a while before purchasing it. Two hours is not a lot but usually enough to weed out a dog.
Chomp

Re: Steam trials.

Postby Bearhedge » Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:39 pm

Handy - I didn't actually read the changes so this is news to me. I like the 14-day / 2 hour-rule. Makes a lot of sense.

It's possible Steam was forced by some countries' online purchasing laws (consumer rights etc.) to change their rules. Good stuff in any case.
Bearhedge

Re: Steam trials.

Postby Agent X20 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 7:46 pm

Just being pedantic:

Valve will, upon request via help.steampowered.com, issue a refund for any reason, if the request is made within fourteen days of purchase, AND the title has been played for less than two hours. There are more details below, but even if you fall outside of the refund rules we’ve described, you can ask for a refund anyway and we’ll take a look.
Agent X20

Return to Other Games