DayZ server for our members

Discussion of non-simulation gaming.

Re: DayZ server for our members

Postby Evil Chicken » Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:25 pm

A few screenshots from this week or during an evening patrol and bm4n milking his pet cow Goannabell:

Evil Chicken

Postby bman » Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:06 pm

We've been having fun in the Epoch server Riven set up - Evil Chicken has been going hard on base building, and its looking awesome =]

Camp EVIL, a couple of the firing positions.
Attachments
C_evil.jpg
bman

Postby Riven » Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:00 pm

Riven

Postby bman » Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:15 pm

Hey, thats cool!

When are you getting back on Riv? We had a good session tonight, with one of the 'good' players coming under fire, and getting almost killed, calling for help and having Evil_Chicken, ShadowRaven and myself bowl down in various vehicles. Probably a few too many rounds expended, but the day was saved, Vascot (guy originally under fire) even managed to kill the bad guy in the end. Anything worth doing is worth over doing =]

Good fun!
bman

Postby Riven » Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:48 am

I bought BF4, so have been doing the grind on that.

Logged in on Tues night for 10mins, moved my chopper into the secured beach, and checked out the impressive tower.

I'm sure BF4 will wear off in the next few weeks then I'll be back.
Riven

Postby Evil Chicken » Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:34 pm

A couple of screenies from tonight:

Evil Chicken

Postby Riven » Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:34 pm

Riven

Postby bman » Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:15 am

Looks good! Is a full reset job?
bman

Postby Riven » Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:58 am

bman wrote:Looks good! Is a full reset job?

Not needed, but we can organise a full reset.
Maybe fully adjust the trading prices to make things a little harder and the lesser items will get used more.

Right now after a reset it'll only take a good 3-4 hours to get a lockable huey and a safe or an armoured suv.
Riven

Postby Norbit » Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:24 pm

Will be great to reduce some of the bugs that this patch resolves and some of the trader improvements will be great to see; will be a wee bit tragic for the regulars who have spent the past few weeks base building to suddenly be thrown naked onto the beach to start again if full reset happens. I could gripe about combo locks and lack thereof, but I won't.

Oh and Bman makes a really good hood ornament.
Norbit

Postby bman » Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:32 am

Officer, I'd like to report a vehicular homicide!

I did a quick run to the NWAF this morning, and found another two combo-locks. =p
bman

Postby Norbit » Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:57 am

Hi guys, seems to be a bit of confusion floating about with regard the update to epoch 1.0.3; Some are saying that all modular builds will be removed, but vehicles and inventory will remain, others are convinced that everything will go...etc etc.

My understanding was that certain builds that are currently placed on restricted areas such as roads, would only go. Vehicles currently parked on metal floors built atop of buildings i.e. castles, it would be safe to assume they should be moved to Terra forma prior to the update.
Norbit

Postby Evil Chicken » Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:51 am

The way Riven was talking last night he may have to remove all buildings along with unused keyless vehicles so you will need to salvage anything you can of them and store it in a good lockable vehicles. If you have a safe you will need to pack it up and put it on your person or in a locked vehicle. Might need to buy up a few Urals and CH47's to put stuff in.

You will also need to buy a plot before starting to build again.

He is going to give plenty of notice and details of what will happen and when.
Evil Chicken

Postby Norbit » Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:37 pm

Going to be busy the night before the update then, trying to dismantle what we can. Think I'll look to store everything in a few lockable vehicles, it would truly suck re spawning on the beach, if that should be the case, carrying 1,600lbs of safes with several km's to run to get set back up.

Good opportunity for a bit of house keeping, pre-built some shite and maybe the odd garage sale or two in order to make my assets more fluid.
Norbit

Postby Riven » Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:17 pm

Norbit wrote:Going to be busy the night before the update then, trying to dismantle what we can. Think I'll look to store everything in a few lockable vehicles, it would truly suck re spawning on the beach, if that should be the case, carrying 1,600lbs of safes with several km's to run to get set back up.

Good opportunity for a bit of house keeping, pre-built some shite and maybe the odd garage sale or two in order to make my assets more fluid.

Your shit is all safe until 12th Jan 2014.

Now that others have tried 1.0.3 and found a few bugs/desync/lag issues we'll be waiting till then.
Hopefully that allow time for them to rollout 1.0.3.2
Riven

PreviousNext

Return to Other Games