DayZ server for our members

Discussion of non-simulation gaming.

Re: DayZ server for our members

Postby Riven » Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:16 pm

Server updated - hopefully it works
Riven

Postby Riven » Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:21 pm

So now that we've upgraded, should we do a full reset?

I'd like to tweak the pricing structure a little more.

I want spawned vehicles to be valuable, not just cash on wheels
I'd also like they to not be 20x M2 armed Humvees and 20x armed Helos on day 1 (or day 2 etc)

I havent yet changed the pricing for food/ammo/guns/supplies EXCEPT for removing all copper & tin prices.

Thoughts/ideas?
Really need something to counter the popularity of DayZ-SA and Rust, or maybe we all buy those and play on other servers?
Riven

Postby Noon416 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:52 pm

Give the Rust alpha another month or so, there is a major issue with glitchers/cheaters at the moment that will take a couple more updates to sort out it seems.
Until then, you can make slow progress but resources go missing from your hut overnight, headshots aplenty, etc.
Noon416

Postby bman » Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:08 am

I've been taking a bit of a break, but jumped in yesterday. It reminded me how much fun epoch is to tell the truth, especially when some bugger was in the Komorovo base ( which I'd left unlocked). Rushed him and filled him full of holes, hahaa. The other guys warned him when he was saying he found a base full of stuff!

I'd miss the epoch server, and plan on getting back into it. I'm keen for a full reset too, but some of the others may not be.
bman

Postby Evil Chicken » Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:46 pm

I'm not overly keen on a full reset at the moment because I've been hard out base building for the past week after the partial reset/upgrade. Finally just settled into a new base and looking forward to a bit of running around the map searching for the elusive chainsaw etc. But if you need to reset go for it.

Liking the new price structure and whittled my vehicles down to only 3 now, much easier to look after that way.

It didn't take me long to get bored with the stand alone, it's quite a way off being as good as Epoch, might see a bit of a migration back once everyone else gets sick of it too. :?:
Evil Chicken

Postby Norbit » Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:13 am

Was taken back at first with the vehicle inflation price hike, but now see it as an incentive be more cautious and not take things for granted. It also presents new opportunities to any would be entrepreneurs to set up shop and potentially undercut the established traders.
Have seen a few new names pop into the server this weekend, I think the shine of the SA is starting to wear off. A full reset would be a blow given the time and effort put into base building thus far. But the ultimate decision is not mine to make and I'm just grateful we have a bloody good community of players to play along side.
Norbit

Postby Norbit » Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:04 pm

Not sure about anyone else, but over the last week I seem to be logging onto the server just to find out what new damage has been inflicted upon my base and or vehicles. Seems anarchy is the new norm, logged in this morning to find vehicles damaged possibly from some twerp throwing grenades over the wall, or aerial assault via a mozzie. I'm all for PVP, but this constant stealing and vandalism while your not even online is starting to wear thin and given the long timers have spent so much time building to the level we are at, we are the ones with everything to loose while the griefers have nothing to loose and everything to gain. Is it time to put a few server rules in place, or is it going to be a case of joining the server just to repair the damage from the night before until that too becomes a pointless exercise.
Norbit

Postby Riven » Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:33 pm

If someone wants to come up with a set of rules and a nice website to display them that's cool.

I have a webserver ready to roll.

There are other options l'd like to discuss with you all also:-

1, make bases indestructible but cost 4x to maintain
2, disable maintenance altogether, but we'd have to drastically reduce the number of objects allowed in your plot area and reduce the area
3, make all military vehicles immune to hotwire kits (they have better theft protection i would have thought)
4, we need some scripted missions or events.
5, new website
6, upcoming sales announced on web
7, player stats
8, contributors (could be donators to TS3, or people supplying code for the server etc) get bonus features (vehicle master key, one revive per interval, special trader)

Discuss....
Riven

Postby Norbit » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:54 am

My two cents:

I don't see the need for indestructible bases, with the armor rating of the materials currently in use, it would take a hell of an effort for someone to do any serious damage to structures, unless they have duped satchel charges. Besides, I'm already paying 1BC every two weeks, increasing that to 4BC would have me bankrupt and begging on the streets of Cherno.
Maintain the maintenance option, reducing object numbers and area would be a pain and paying for maintenance does give you more ownership.
I would support the immunity to hot-wire kits for the expensive military vehicles, if they want my Super Huey they will have to pry it out of my cold dead hands rather than just nicking it when Im offline.
Would love to see some scripted missions or events come into play, so long as it will not be at the expense of game performance.

As so far as server rules, I would like to see at the very least, a no willful vandalism rule on locked vehicles rule put in place. I think it also needs to be clearly stated that hacking, duping etc will not be tolerated and maybe some better tools made available to Bman & Evil that could assist in them identifying these little morons, providing that is if such tools are available. I have seen on other servers where the admins can go into invisible mode to keep tabs on suspect ppl.

Might be worth passing on the link to this KiwiSim forum to some of the other regulars on the server as a way to keep them informed and get their comments.
Norbit

Postby Evil Chicken » Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:18 pm

A few rules to deal with crimes such as burglary, murder etc and a server police force to enforce them might be a good idea.

Maybe even build a prison where players can be locked up for a predetermined period of time and an occasional sale to sell their confiscated goods. And a time limit before being able to own military weapons and equipment again.

Can't really see the point of playing on a server where you can be shot for sport while simply maintaining your base or going along to a trader to buy some building supplies. I also found it quite annoying when Ravens base was raided time and time again by new players with the full blessing of the long term players who seemed to be more interested in defending the burglars. Now there are a heap of fully armed new players on the server who have not had to work for a thing and we will possibly not see Raven back again.

On the up side there have been a few really enjoyable and "interesting" group adventures lately.
Evil Chicken

Postby splatman » Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:29 pm

I am very late to this party, just downloaded the standalone off Steam. Does anyone still play this? I'm very very green...
splatman

Postby Evil Chicken » Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:41 am

Haven't played stand alone for ages but I hear it has improved in leaps and bounds since it first came out.

I've been playing the Epoch mod version over arma2.

http://dayz.riven.co.nz/forum/index.php
Evil Chicken

Postby splatman » Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:53 pm

It would be good to get on with someone and not just spend all my time not getting any food or water then being attacked by zombies and dying lol
splatman

Previous

Return to Other Games