BF3

Postby Chomp » Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:56 am

Looking good? :)

Back to the good old days I hope.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8S_eEv_ ... r_embedded
Chomp

Re: BF3

Postby Agent X20 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:30 pm

Looks amazing - and I have it pre-ordered for the very good price of $55NZ, but me I'm single player all the way with this sort of thing these days. :)
Agent X20

Postby Chomp » Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:36 pm

WTF? 55, where. I wont tell you what it cost me :(
Chomp

Postby Agent X20 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:41 pm

nzgameshop.com (UK exporter) including a $10 off voucher they were running.
Agent X20

Postby Chomp » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:28 am

I got it at the origin store for the pre buy price of..... Probably the same as the release price. $89nzd. I do get to play it before you do though! :)

Thinking about my fps days I downloaded counter strike and jumped on a few servers. I played some counter strike after quake rocket arena servers started to get empty, the last time I played CS seriously in a few comp was about 2000 in a 4x4 comp. I think I was in clan X back then. 11 years later and no surprises 'OMG HAX!' has apparently not got old yet :) Still it's a bit of fun if you dont get on a server with one side stacked with guys that know each other.

I even played a bit of BFBC2 yesterday. Argh, I need another joystick though. I have found I can't play FPS on my flight sim rig because the 42" screens are a bit too much. I dont want to barf on them. So I am playing them on another computer at a desk. It's a better way to do it really but I cant jump in a helo and use my stick... Maybe there is something around for $30 I can get..
Chomp

Postby Agent X20 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:54 am

I don't play multiplayer fps games any more because after an evening's blasting I want to accomplish something and endless, repetitive rounds of CS or its like never did that. Battling through a campaign does at least provide a sense of progress and "winning".

Of course being a dad further eats into your time - and you need to be able to hit pause at a moment's notice. :)

And yes of course you'll get to play it first. You can tell me all about the fun of origin setup etc lol. There are also other pitfalls to using somewhere like nzgameshop - the cheap Deus Ex preorder looks to have been pulled as it appears it's region locked.
Agent X20

Postby Chomp » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:59 am

Thats why I gave them up in the first place, they ate too much time and also a reason why I never even tried a MMORPG.

Ten years on and I have a better attitude about it, I can sit down and do it for a while when I want and not be compelled to do it for 6 hours. Thats why I built my first arcade machine, as a way that I could get a quick fix when I wanted without a game that would suck me in for ever. Spacies are still pretty good for a 10 min fix :)

I should get my 1946 cabinet back upstairs and going now I think of it :)
Chomp

Return to Other Games