What are you playing at the moment?

Discussion of non-simulation gaming.

Re: What are you playing at the moment?

Postby The Sea Peoples » Sat Apr 02, 2016 12:50 pm

I am a bit late to the party but am playing a bit of Rust at the moment.
The Sea Peoples

Postby Agent X20 » Sat Apr 02, 2016 3:21 pm

I'm sorta hooked on The Division co-op with a mate, and Factorio and FSX single player.
Agent X20

Postby awful » Sat Apr 02, 2016 4:59 pm

Agent X20 wrote:I'm sorta hooked on The Division co-op with a mate, and Factorio and FSX single player.

The Division is on my wishlist but I'm not sure it's one for me. I may pick up two copies when it's on sale and play co-op with my 12 year old as we've nearly finished Borderlands 2.

I'm still playing a bit of Elite Dangerous a couple of nights a week. I have a T7 for when I feel like grinding some credits and an Asp fitted out for exploration but spend most of my time in my Cobra letting the Bulletin boards choose my path for me.

I'm also playing Early Access Master of Orion and it's not bad. It's very similar to MOO2 except they've gone to real-time battles which kind of suck.
awful

Postby Agent X20 » Sat Apr 02, 2016 5:34 pm

The Division isn't really anything that special. It runs well, looks great and makes some lightweight co-op shooting and loot collection pretty straightforward. So for me it scratches an itch but not a lot more. It's not something I have to think too hard about as compared to some of the Flight Simming I've been doing - such as learning to fly the Majestic Q400, getting to grips with the Twin Otter and so forth where you really need your brain engaged.

Factorio definitely scratches that whole builder itch - where you construct something over time. I've found a great tutorial and am following along with that and enjoying the results. It's fair to say that I've ended up rather disappointed with most of the builder/crafting/open-world titles so far. Oftentimes it feels like there's too much "rogue-like" and not enough open-world/crafting.

From what I can tell the new MOO seems to be getting very lukewarm initial reviews so I'm not rushing in and am instead waiting to see how it pans out. Another recent title I'm somewhat iffy about is Ashes of Singularity. Everything is a hovercraft and the units seem utterly unremarkable vs Supcom.
Agent X20

Postby awful » Sat Apr 02, 2016 6:11 pm

Agent X20 wrote:From what I can tell the new MOO seems to be getting very lukewarm initial reviews so I'm not rushing in and am instead waiting to see how it pans out. Another recent title I'm somewhat iffy about is Ashes of Singularity. Everything is a hovercraft and the units seem utterly unremarkable vs Supcom.

Yeah, if you can run MOO2 it's hard to recommend at the moment as it's so similar. Things may change as it's early access but if they insist on sticking with the real time battles it won't be gaining the best of the MOO titles trophy IMO.
awful

Previous

Return to Other Games