IL2 1946 + ULTRAPACK INSTALLATION GUIDE:

Meeting place for IL2 fans and those using Inspire's dedicated IL2 server.

Moderators: CadMan, Smokey Joe

Postby beepee » Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:26 am

A very important thing to do is be aware that if you are using Windoze 7 you can NOT install the game to your /Program Files folder. There is some kind of conflict with WIN 7, so...

[1] Make a new folder (anywhere but in C: program files), name it IL2 and Install IL2 1946 to that folder.

You should then have a working version of 4.07. Run it to check. Then close it.

[2] Then you will need to download the multi-patcher from here : http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads&file=details&a%20mp;id=4088

YOU WILL NEED TO REGISTER TO DOWNLOAD.

Extract the RunMe.exe installer from the archive to anywhere you can find it back, then run the RunMe.exe installer. Point it to your IL2 folder, overwrite all files and folders. This will apply patches 4.08m, 4.09m, 4.09m_skins, 4.10m and 4.10.1m in one go.

[3] Check the patches have worked. Run the game and you should see the version in the bottom left of the screen on loading. It should now show version 4.10.1. Close the game.

[4]The Flying Kiwis play a modded version called Ultrapack (vUP3.0RC4)..it is awesome....

4.101m to UP3RC4 Superpatch:

It is a 6.5GB download.

GET IT HERE:http://www.mediafire.com/?dqlnn7dqunn7t

IF YOU PREFER TO USE TORRENTS:http://koti.mbnet.fi/raukorpi/UP3_SuperPack.torrent

INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS:

Extract it to a folder(on your desktop or a download folder for example), Launch the first one (with the .exe extension) and point it to your Il2 1946 ver 4.101 folder.

Once that is done, go to the root folder of your game and launch "JSGME.exe", activate "#UP#_Enable_UP3.0".
Afterwards this should show on the right hand side of the selector. Mouse hover over it, if it reads UP3.0RC4 you have it correctly installed.

Launch "IL-2 Selector.exe" from your game folder.

In the "game type" drop down menu, choose "Ultrapack 3" and save settings. Click on "Start IL-2 now!"

The splash screen should come up with"UP3.0RC4 based on 4.10.1" in the red writing.

[5] Now you have all that installed, you should grab a fellow Flying Kiwi that has IL2 running, jump on TeamSpeak, and get them to help you set it all up.

:cheers:
Last edited by beepee on Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
beepee

Re: IL2-1946: Guide to getting started for new, old & inbetw

Postby Sloop » Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:20 am

'O' for Orson, Beep! Thanks heaps _b

Edit: Dang! Thought this was an "idiot-proof" list of instructions for installing the Gurner mods :shock:
Sloop

Re: IL2-1946: Guide to getting started for new, old & inbetw

Postby beepee » Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:34 am

Here is some useful information on error logging for IL2:

As some of you might know, you can enable two log files in your conf.ini, one being the "event log", which basically holds all mission related messages, the other being the "console log", which holds all other information such as IL-2 game engine messages, errors and so on.
To enable the logfiles, open your conf.ini file (can be found in your IL-2 game folder) and adjust the following lines/parameters:

Event Log:
In the [game] section, set:

eventlog=eventlog.txt

Additionally, when you want to keep the log (which means it won't be cleared when you start a new mission, which in turn means the log file will be constantly growing, therefore this is not recommended) set:

eventlogkeep=1

otherwise set
eventlogkeep=0 (recommended}

Console Log:

In the [Console] section, set;

LOG=1

and

LOGFILE=log.txt

Additionally, when you want to keep the log (which means it won't be cleared when you start a new mission, which in turn means the log file will be constantly growing, therefore this is not recommended) set
LOGKEEP=1

otherwise set;

LOGKEEP=0 (recommended}

Last but not least if you want to see a timestamp in front of each log line, set;

LOGTIME=1

otherwise set
LOGTIME=0

Now the one thing about those log files is that by default they are buffered, which means that you'll see partial contents of the logfiles only unless you quit the game, i.e. exit from IL-2, and when your game crashes, the file contents are usually truncated.
This can be annoying when you try to tackle down a specific issue which occurs only under very special circumstances, so I eventually decided to write this mod which allows you to see the logfile's contents "in realtime", meaning that the log will be written completely while the game is running.

So much for the description, this is the mod. Just extract to your "#UP#", "#DBW" or "MODS" folder or whatever name your modded files folder may carry. This is tested with Stock IL-2 4.10.1m, UP3 RC4 and DBW 1.6, other game versions are untested and hence unsupported.

Go get the mod here if you like:

http://whatwalrus.com/sas2/Storebror/InstantLog_1.00.zip

I can't claim to understand even half of what I see in my Logfile, but I have seen people post them for others to help troubleshoot.

The eventlog is pretty cool though, it is a kind of after action report.

:cheers:
beepee

Re: IL2 1946 + ULTRAPACK INSTALLATION GUIDE:

Postby baddog » Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:12 pm

Hi guys just installed the UP 201 mod have JSGME, Ultrapack switcher and Ultrapack updater all loaded
Just cannot game to load I see a split second splash screen then CTD just wondering if anyone would know which particular setting might be causing this I will keep fiddling maybe a graphics card issue havent got my old config ini files available yet .......
baddog

Postby beepee » Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:52 pm

We use UP3.0RC4 BD, not UP2.01.
beepee

Postby baddog » Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:22 pm

Thought i had to do the 2.01 first before the UP3, havent done the UP3 yet?
baddog

Return to IL2