For any avid reader out there

Anything non simulation or gaming related here!

For any avid reader out there

Postby Bearhedge » Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:22 am

Hi guys,

I went to the Central Library the other day and found out that they had a big used book sale on.

I grabbed a copy of the Osprey Combat Aircraft series: Arab Israeli Air Wars 1947-82 for $2.

I’ve read it now and have little enough space on the bookshelf; if anyone is interested here or collects military / aviation literature, I’d happily post it to the next reader. It’ll likely go to recycling otherwise.

It has some cool photo footage and some interesting stories; one account told of an Israeli ground attack pilot who returned from one mission and was told he is to go bomb <Arabic place name here> next; he had to ask “What country is that in?” because of all the different parties involved in the conflict at the time!

Sadly the book doesn’t have too many detailed pilot accounts of engagements, which are my favorite parts, but it’s still worth a skim through if you are into the early jet era stuff.

Let me know if you’d like some reading and I’ll send a book delivery your way.

Cheers
Bearhedge

Re: For any avid reader out there

Postby Chomp » Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:37 pm

Hiya, you are a only a few minutes from me..

How about a swap for a little while? I have 'Warthog. Flying the A10 in the gulf war'.

I did want it back but seeing it sounds like you like these you might want to have a read of it?
Chomp

Re: For any avid reader out there

Postby Bearhedge » Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:13 pm

Sounds good to me - keen to read the A-10 book.
Bearhedge

Return to Off Topic